Do your students forget capitalization and punctuation? How about spacing? These sentence worksheets are perfect for practicing sentence mechanics in context, using simple stories to highlight features like capitals, spaces, and punctuation.
If you teach K-2nd grade, you know that run-on sentences and fragments run rampant in student writing. . .
Marking up the sentences in the simple story will help your students focus on each feature!
- First, they highlight every CAPITAL letter with a green crayon.
- Next, they circle every punctuation mark with a red crayon.
- Then, they mark up spaces. They can draw hyphens or glue the enclosed space stars to highlight the spaces.
- After that, students read the simple story and add their own sentence to end it! Each story ends with a cliffhanger so students can make a prediction.
- Last, students check their work for capitalization, punctuation, and spacing.
In this more advanced version, the simple story does not include capitals or punctuation. Students have to figure out where the run-on sentences end, then edit with capitals and punctuation.
INCLUDES 20 stories for the year (x 2 versions [total of 40 worksheets])
Such a fun way to make sure your students stop ignoring sentence mechanics and pay attention to them instead!
Be the first to see my newest resources, sales, and freebies!
Email me at email@example.com
Want my FREE weekly teaching tips and access to my FREE resource library?
Sign up here: FREE Resource Library
Want to join like-minded teachers to learn and share ideas?
Join my Facebook group here: Tejeda’s Tots K-1 Teacher Group
Want to Learn More?
Visit my blog here: Tejeda’s Tots
Follow me on Social Media