Do you sometimes struggle to fit in all of your guided reading groups?
Do you wish you had tools on hand to model a certain skill or strategy quickly?
Do you wish you had organized, ready-to-go resources for your students to practice important skills at each reading level?
This toolkit is the perfect resource for reviewing a few skills to warm up your students’ brains before your guided reading book, or as a quick strategy lesson before sending them off to read independently! They can also be used as a stand-alone reading lesson!
***NEW!!!*** The DIGITAL versions of ALL components are now included! Perfect for distance learning!
There are 3 components to this resource, for each level! PRINTABLE + DIGITAL
- 1-page warm-ups: These are designed to be a quick 2 or 3-minute review and practice of reading skills and strategies to warm up your students for reading! You can do the whole page or pick a section to work on. Teacher directions to read to students are in each box, so these are great for assistants and subs as well. There are 45 warm-ups in this bundle for levels EFG.
- Skill Cards: These cards focus on one skill at a time, providing many practice opportunities. There are 132 cards included in this bundle!
- Teacher Tent Cards: These foldable cards are perfect for introducing or reviewing the skill/ strategy, modeling, and keeping on display for reference throughout your lesson! No planning necessary and no more fumbling to find an example to model! Just read the teacher side and show the example side to kids. 74 tent cards are included in the following 4 categories:
- Print Concepts
- Comprehension & Monitoring
- Fluency & Expression
*Please note: If you bought set 1 (levels AA-D), the tent cards overlap, although this set has 34 additional ones. If I add more, they will be added to all sets, since they can be used across all levels. This set also has 28 new comprehension cards!*
This bundle includes:
- Teacher Guide
- Organization & Storage guide with pictures
- Binder covers, spines, and tabs; card case covers; tent card tabs
- 11 warm-ups, 36 skill cards
- 16 warm-ups, 44 skill cards
- 18 warm-ups, 52 skill cards
44 Comprehension Skill cards to be used at any level
74 Teacher tent cards with guided script on one side and student example side on other
16 sight word fluency box cards + EDITABLE CARD- just type in your words
>>>Some of the Skills and Strategies Included:
•Initial and Final Blends
•Blending CVC, CCVC, VCE words
•Sight Word Fluency
•Cause and Effect
•Using Text Features
•Identifying Story Elements
•Fluency: Scooping phrases
•Reading -s, -es, and -ing
•Monitoring for Understanding
•Figuring out Unknown Words
**MUST SEE PREVIEW for comprehensive list and pictures**
Also available for the following levels:
**SAVE* with the Complete Set:
Want more Guided Reading Resources?
***For special pricing on a DISTRICT license, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org ***
Email me at email@example.com
Want my FREE weekly teaching tips and access to my FREE resource library?
Sign up here: FREE Resource Library
Want to join like-minded teachers to learn and share ideas?
Join my Facebook group here: Tejeda’s Tots K-1 Teacher Group
Want to Learn More?
Visit my blog here: Tejeda’s Tots
Follow me on Social Media
READ WHAT OTHER TEACHERS HAVE SAID:
“After I bought the first set, I hoped you would make more sets. Never before this year have I had such a wide range of abilities in my class. I have had to change the way I teach this year in that I am having to teach more small groups. These warm ups are so handy and well put together that it helps guide my groups! It is exactly what I was hoping it would be! Can’t wait for your next set!” -Marcy
“This bundle is very comprehensive! It builds on skills in phonics and reading strategies. Everything is laid out for you so all you have to do is print and use. The format is similar so students will know what to expect and routines can be established. This is a great resource that can be sent home for extra practice. It would also be great for parent volunteers and tutors to work with the students. There are even parts that I could put in a fluency center once we have worked through it in guided reading for additional practice to build fluency and confidence. I cannot wait to get these resources out together also I can put them to action in my classroom. Thank you for designing such a great resource! I definitely need the previous bundle. I hope you’re going to make more of these!!” -Kristi
“Holy moly is there a TON included in this resource! I can already think of MANY ways these pages can be used…morning work, centers, small groups, homework, independent practice, early finishers, etc. I love that there is structure, yet the pages do not feel boring or repetitive. The mix of skills targeted is also something I’m not used to seeing in many other products–for example: I love how the Level F skill cards not only focus on concepts like digraph blends, they also focus on reading with expression and matching dialogue to speaker (concepts I think are often overlooked). I’m crossing my fingers this type of product will be expanded for higher levels as well!” -Meghan
These are also available on Teachers pay Teachers. Just click on the links below.
Thanks for stopping by!
Brenda Tejeda- Tejeda’s Tots