NOTE: THIS IS INCLUDED IN THE STORY POP-UPS BUNDLE AS A FREE BONUS!
CLICK HERE to purchase the bundle.
Story sequencing and retelling is SO important in primary grades.
Language, comprehension, story vocabulary…there are so many skills covered with sequencing and story retell!
Kids love using stick puppets to act out stories but they take up a lot of time and prep!
Introducing new Story Sequencing Pop-ups: It’s like a one-page puppet theater!
These are All-in-One sequencing pages where kids can:
- Cut out the story pieces
- Act out the story with the background
- Retell the story
- Glue to sequence the events
- ALL ON ONE PAGE!
Here’s how to use them:
- Read the book How to Catch a Leprechaun by Adam Wallace
- Use the pocket chart pieces to act out and retell interactively, having your students chime in.
- Place the cards at a center for small-group use.
- Use the student printables for independent practice/ assessment.
There are 3 versions of the student printable:
- VERSION 1- Simple with just pictures- no writing necessary, perfect for pre-K or early kindergarten
- VERSION 2- The ULTIMATE interactive sequencing page! Students cut out the story pieces, fold to pop up the background scene, act out the story right on the page, glue in order, then touch each picture to practice retelling.
- VERSION 3- Same as version 2, but “flat” (no pop-up lines)
*****BONUS**** This pack also has 2 bonus activities:
- Leprechaun trap activity
- Word wall writing pages
Grab the bundle of 40 books here and get this one as a FREE bonus!