Engage your students in your How-to writing unit with these hands-on pages!
In our how-to writing unit, we loved using little kits to act out the steps for a topic. Doing it first helps students when it comes to writing the steps.
Similar to my Story Pop-ups, students use the pieces to ACT OUT the steps!
- Cut out the pieces.
- Act out the steps.
- Write the steps
There are 3 versions of the student pages
- 4 steps
- 3 steps with picture prompts for each step
- No writing- great for oral practice, younger students
Each set has:
- Teacher cards for modeling
- 3 differentiated student pages
- Verb cards for spelling reference
12 topic sets:
- How to Give a Dog a Bath
- How to Make a PB&J Sandwich
- How to Make Toast
- How to Make Hot Chocolate
- How to Brush Your Teeth
- How to Get Ready for Bed
- How to Make Lemonade
- How to Build a Sandcastle
- How to Catch a Fish
- How to Dress for Rainy Weather
- How to Build a Sundae
- How to Grow a Plant
Email me at [email protected]
Want my FREE weekly teaching tips and access to my FREE resource library?
Sign up here: FREE Resource Library