This list writing unit is perfect for kindergarten and first grade students! Includes lessons, slides, and lists for lots of themes and topics! Use as a standalone unit or integrate with another writing curriculum.
List writing is a great way to give students opportunities to practice stretching out words, without the pressure of writing sentences!
It’s the perfect bridge to get students from LABELING to writing SENTENCES!
List-writing has many benefits! It helps us remember, keep track of things, and sort, organize, order information!
This resource includes 4 lessons to teach key concepts of list-writing in an engaging way:
- Why do we have lists?
- Making a list
- Lists help us sort information
- Some lists must be in order
After these initial lessons, there are TONS more activities and ideas, including:
- 18 cut & paste lists- perfect for beginning writers
- 27 List Strips- engaging and meaningful topics
- 10 Book-based lists- Great for following up your read-alouds!
- Sticker List
- 9 PowerPoint Slides to support lessons
- Editable lists– so you can create your own!
Give your students the confidence to try spelling words on their own with this list-writing unit! This is a great mini-unit before going into sentence-writing.