Story sequencing and retelling is SO important in primary grades.
Language, comprehension, story vocabulary…there are so many skills covered with sequencing and story retell!
Kids love acting out stories with stick puppets but they take a lot of time and prep!
These sequencing pages have pieces that kids cut out and use to act out the story on the scene that’s right on the page!
After, students glue the pictures in order and point to the pictures to retell the story!
Here’s how to use them:
- Read the picture book.
- Use the pocket chart pieces to act out and retell interactively, having your students chime in.
- Place the cards at a center for small-group use.
- Use the student printables for independent practice/ assessment.
There are 3 versions of the student printable:
- VERSION 1- Simple with just pictures- no writing necessary, perfect for pre-K or early kindergarten
- VERSION 2- Students sequence the pictures and write the ending. Scaffolded with a few pictures in place
- VERSION 3- Same as version 2, but no scaffolding pictures
5 Laura Numeroff books included in this pack. For each book below, you get:
- Full-color story cards for pocket chart use
- 3 versions of student printable
- Answer key
- Retelling example for modeling
Books Included in this pack:
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
- Moose a Muffin
- Pig a Pancake
- Dog a Donut
- Cat a Cupcake
Grab the bundle of 40 books here and save!