Story sequencing and retelling is SO important in primary grades.
Language, comprehension, story vocabulary…there are so many skills covered with sequencing and story retell!
Kids love using stick puppets to act out stories but they take up a lot of time and prep!
Introducing new Story Sequencing Pop-ups: It’s like a one-page puppet theater!
These are All-in-One sequencing pages where kids can:
- Cut out the story pieces
- Act out the story with the background
- Retell the story
- Glue to sequence the events
ALL ON ONE PAGE!
Here’s how to use them:
- Read the picture book.
- Use the pocket chart pieces to act out and retell interactively, having your students chime in.
- Place the cards at a center for small-group use.
- Use the student printables for independent practice/ assessment.
There are 3 versions of the student printable:
- VERSION 1- Simple with just pictures- no writing necessary, perfect for pre-K or early kindergarten
- VERSION 2- The ULTIMATE interactive sequencing page! Students cut out the story pieces, fold to pop up the background scene, act out the story right on the page, glue in order, then touch each picture to practice retelling.
- VERSION 3- Same as version 2, but “flat” (no pop-up lines)
10 fairy/ folk tales included in this pack. For each story below, you get:
- Full-color story cards for pocket chart use
- 3 versions of student printable
- Answer key
- Retelling example for modeling
Stories Included in this pack:
- The Little Red Hen
- The 3 Billy Goats Gruff
- Hansel and Gretel
- Goldilocks and the 3 Bears
- The Gingerbread Man
- Stone Soup
- Little Red Riding Hood
- City Mouse, Country Mouse
- Jack and the Beanstalk
- The 3 Little Pigs
Grab the bundle of 40 books here and save!
There are no reviews yet.