Ever have students who struggle coming up with a topic for writing?
How about students who struggle with organization or story concepts?
Or do some students spend so much time drawing, there’s little time left for writing?
Beginning writers have a lot to think about!
These books make a great scaffold and bridge to help your students become more confident when writing!
Pictures are already included and kids write their own stories!
This pack has familiar fairy tales and stories.
Each book has 3 versions, so you can easily differentiate:
- Completely blank, so students write all of the text.
- First few pages completed, so students continue the story.
- Sentence starter on each page.
Each book also includes a picture word bank, perfect for spelling and vocabulary!
Plus, 2 cover options (with and without title) and 2 editing page options!
Books in this pack:
- Little Red Riding Hood
- The Gingerbread Man
- The Little Red Hen
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff
- The Tortoise and the Hare
- Country Mouse and City Mouse
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- The Grasshopper and the Ant
- Jack and the Beanstalk
- The Three Little Pigs
How to Use:
Guide students through the writing process: planning, drafting, revising, editing:
- Preview the word bank for vocabulary.
- Go through the book and discuss pictures.
- Have kids touch each page to tell their story orally.
- Go back to the beginning, say the sentence they’ll write on that page 3 times, then write it. Continue.
- Add details and revise! Labels, speech bubbles, details to the picture or text.
- Edit using the checklist!
Email me at email@example.com
Want my FREE weekly teaching tips and access to my FREE resource library?
Sign up here: FREE Resource Library
Want to join like-minded teachers to learn and share ideas?
Join my Facebook group here: Tejeda’s Tots K-1 Teacher Group
Want to Learn More?
Visit my blog here: Tejeda’s Tots
Follow me on Social Media