Stretching out a word can be a difficult strategy for emergent writers. These 5-minute warm-up labeling sheets are great practice for your beginning writers and will help increase their confidence to become risk-takers with spelling.
***This bundle currently includes OVER 110 sets:
- 24 fall-themed pictures for labeling, in English AND Spanish (48 total)
- 24 winter-themed pictures for labeling, in English AND Spanish (total 48)!
- 25 spring-themed pictures for labeling, in English AND Spanish (total 50)!
- 25 summer-themed pictures for labeling, in English AND Spanish (total 50)!
- **NEW: Just added- 22 BONUS year-round sets**
- NEW- Now includes lined and unlined pages in all sets!
- *NEW* Just added: 10 Word Family pages! -at, -an, -en, -ell, -et, -ig, -og, -op, -ug, -uck
*Also includes sample labeling words for each picture.*
Use whole-group while you display onto a screen for a quick warm-up before independent writing. Or, in small groups during your writing workshop!
*WRITING CENTER: Because of its built-in differentiation, this makes a great writing center as well!*
- Students color when done labeling
- Perfect for emergent writers because it encourages inventive spelling
- Also included in Spanish
- It can be used at a center, as homework, morning work, writing activity to accompany theme study.
Read what other teachers have said:
“Love this resource. The blog on a labeling mini-lesson was very helpful. I used these whole class for a while, and keep using them in an independent writing center for differentiation. The seller was very prompt with adding new seasonal versions. Thanks!” -Anjel
“I use them for writing centers in my resource classroom and the kids love them! There are so many pictures to choose from and I love that there are options for writing a sentence or not, which helps me to differentiate. Thank you for this great resource!” -Evelyn
“As always, you provide a quality product! Labeling is a great introduction to writing, as it provides an accessible gateway for little ones. This is also a good way to track handwriting progress as well. Thank you for providing pictures with/without lines, this is very helpful for children who want to try to compose a sentence and for later on when they have to try! I love using activities like this for morning work– easy to explain, expectations are clear, working on handwriting, sounding out words, and I can actually take attendance! These would work well in a writing center as well! I’m glad I purchased the bundle so we can use this activity all year long. Thank you!” -Jennifer
To purchase from my TpT store, click here: Labeling for Emergent Writers
Thanks for reading!