Stretching out a word can be a difficult strategy for emergent writers. These 5-minute warm-up labeling sheets are great practice for your beginning writers and will help increase their confidence to become risk-takers with spelling.
***This bundle currently includes OVER 110 sets:
- 24 fall-themed pictures for labeling, in English AND Spanish (48 total)
- 24 winter-themed pictures for labeling, in English AND Spanish (total 48)!
- 25 spring-themed pictures for labeling, in English AND Spanish (total 50)!
- 25 summer-themed pictures for labeling, in English AND Spanish (total 50)!
- **NEW: Just added- 22 BONUS year-round sets**
- NEW- Now includes lined and unlined pages in all sets!
- *NEW* Just added: 10 Word Family pages! -at, -an, -en, -ell, -et, -ig, -og, -op, -ug, -uck
*Also includes sample labeling words for each picture.*
Use whole-group while you display onto a screen for a quick warm-up before independent writing. Or, in small groups during your writing workshop!
*WRITING CENTER: Because of its built-in differentiation, this makes a great writing center as well!*
- Students color when done labeling
- Perfect for emergent writers because it encourages inventive spelling
- Also included in Spanish
- It can be used at a center, as homework, morning work, writing activity to accompany theme study.
Read my post about using these to help your emergent writers!
Read what other teachers have said:
“Love this resource. The blog on a labeling mini-lesson was very helpful. I used these whole class for a while, and keep using them in an independent writing center for differentiation. The seller was very prompt with adding new seasonal versions. Thanks!” -Anjel
“I use them for writing centers in my resource classroom and the kids love them! There are so many pictures to choose from and I love that there are options for writing a sentence or not, which helps me to differentiate. Thank you for this great resource!” -Evelyn
“As always, you provide a quality product! Labeling is a great introduction to writing, as it provides an accessible gateway for little ones. This is also a good way to track handwriting progress as well. Thank you for providing pictures with/without lines, this is very helpful for children who want to try to compose a sentence and for later on when they have to try! I love using activities like this for morning work– easy to explain, expectations are clear, working on handwriting, sounding out words, and I can actually take attendance! These would work well in a writing center as well! I’m glad I purchased the bundle so we can use this activity all year long. Thank you!” -Jennifer
To purchase from my TpT store, click here: Labeling for Emergent Writers
Thanks for reading!
Amanda P. (verified owner) –
My students love these labeling pages. It has really helped in our writing process and giving them more confidence in their writing. We started by doing whole group, then small group and now they complete with peers during Center time.