This bundle includes 8 resources to help your students learn the alphabet! From introducing the letters with an interactive PowerPoint, to reinforcing the sounds with mini-books, worksheets, and games, this resource will engage your little learners in mastering the alphabet!
Click the previews to see each resource.
Kinesthetic Alphabet PowerPoints: PowerPoint Activities for each letter
- Action: Each letter has a motion for students to perform with the letter sound: A- alligator chomp, B-bunny hop, etc.
- Body-Spelling: Students make the letter with their bodies
- Sound Extension or Bounce: Students point to follow the dotted line to extend the sound or ‘bounce’ it
- Pointing Dots under picture-supported, alliterative sentences help kids track words with 1:1 correspondence
- Sky-writing capital and lowercase letters
- Sky-circling pictures that begin with the target letter
- Turn & Talk: The last slide asks students to turn to a partner and share ideas of more examples
- 26 foldable books– 1 for each letter (x focuses on the sound at the end of the word)
- Assessment record for keeping track of student progress at a glance
- “I Know my Letters From A to Z” Crown– includes pictures and letters from A to Z. Great reward for completion of books!
- Templates for making a storage bag or box
Beginning Sound Sorts: 48 interactive notebook sorts
**NO PREP** Simply copy the sorting page you want to use, place in your word work center, and students cut and glue into notebooks. So easy to change this center from week to week!
Sorts Included: (Parentheses shows number of sorts in each category)
- Thumbs up/ down beginning letter sounds (26)
- Beginning Vowel Sound: Short vs Long (5)
- “Tricky” Sounds: letters kids often confuse (17) a/e, e/i, a/e/i, a/o, a/u, b/d, c/g, f/v, g/j, m/n, b/p, w/y, d/t, s/z, p/v
These alphabet mazes are a fun way to practice sound discrimination, handwriting, & fine motor skills.
Kids complete the maze by following (and coloring in) all the pictures that begin with the target sound.
36 mazes- each vowel has 3 versions: short sound, long sound, & both
X- pictures start or end with x sound
Alphabet Tic-Tac-Toe: Partner game
26 pages- Students take turns spinning and if they land on a picture that begins with the target letter sound, they get a turn on the tic-tac-toe board.
*4 game boards on one sheet!
*Laminate and place at a center to reuse over and over.
*Copy two sheets double-sided to save paper!
~double-sided same letter for extra practice
~double-sided 2 different letters to review one!
~combine multiple partner game packs to play 2
different games for the same letter!
26 pages- Students follow the color key to reveal mystery picture, then practice writing the letter.
Alphabet Connect 5: Partner game
26 pages- Students take turns tracing the letter to get 5 in a row without being blocked.
27 pages- students find the pictures that begin/end with each letter.
*2 pages for K (beginning and end)
*For the letter X, students find pictures with the ending /x/ sound.
Thanks for visiting and have an awesome year!
Brenda Tejeda-Tejeda’s Tots
There are no reviews yet.