Teaching how to build and write complete sentences in kindergarten or first grade? These activities, worksheets, and posters will help you teach sentence-writing in a fun, effective way!
IMPORTANT: These pages are included in my Kindergarten Writing Unit 2: Sentences. Please do not purchase if you own that resource.
This resource includes the printable worksheet pages and some of the posters in my Kindergarten unit linked above. Both resources can be used in K and 1st grade, but these pages are available separately as an option if you don’t need all the lessons.
- Letter/ Word/ Sentence Sort- big cards for whole-group use AND 2 individual student sorts
- Build a Sentence- cards to build sentences, plus student recording pages. 12 WHO cards, 16 DID WHAT cards, 12 WHERE cards
- 10 Sentence Starter Pages- scaffolded pages where students read a sentence, trace, finish, write, and illustrate sentences.
- 6 Missing Part Pages- Students identify the missing part (naming [subject] or telling [predicate]), and add it to complete the sentence.
- Capitals for Names Page- Students draw and label a picture, then write a sentence
- Capitals for Places Page- Students draw and label a favorite place, then write a sentence
- 12 Capitals and Periods Editing Pages
- 3 Dialogue Pages- Students fill in speech bubbles
- 4 Punctuation Pages- Students color in and add the correct punctuation
- Mix and Fix Sentence- One differentiated sentence PLUS editable template
- 4 Find the Two Sentences- Students edit 2 sentences and rewrite them.
- 3 Missing Word Pages- Students use Caret Marks to add missing words
- 4 Picture Sentence Pages- Students label the picture, write a sentence, and use the editing checklist
- 5 Sentence Expansion Pages- Students answer questions about a picture, then write a SUPER sentence
- 4 Assessment Pages- Simple picture pages for kids to write a sentence about, that you can use as an assessment.
PLUS, includes these resources to help you teach sentence-writing:
- SONG for teaching sentence concepts
- Poem for Spacing
- Sentence Helper- place in student folders or notebooks as a visual reminder
- 10 Posters- Capitals, punctuation, editing checklist, spacing, naming/ telling parts of a sentence
For more comprehensive units that include step-by-step lessons, assessments, & much more, check out my writing units:
Be the first to see my newest resources, sales, and freebies!
Email me at email@example.com
Want my FREE weekly teaching tips and access to my FREE resource library?
Sign up here: FREE Resource Library
Want to join like-minded teachers to learn and share ideas?
Join my Facebook group here: Tejeda’s Tots K-1 Teacher Group
Want to Learn More?
Visit my blog here: Tejeda’s Tots
Follow me on Social Media