These kinesthetic PowerPoints are sure to get your kids moving to learn their letters and sounds! Each letter includes 9 activities, incorporating movement in learning the alphabet!
***UPDATED: Now includes a speech-to-print approach. This method aligns with the science of reading research. Introducing letters by sound first, rather than print helps kids make the letter-sound connections faster.
PowerPoint Activities for each letter:
- Isolate the sound: Students say 4 picture names and identify the focus sound.
- Analyze articulation: Discuss how the sound “feels.” How is the mouth formed? What is the tongue touching? etc.
- Action: Each letter has a motion for students to perform with the letter sound: A- alligator chomp, B-bunny hop, etc.
- Body-Spelling: Students make the letter with their bodies
- Sound Extension or Bounce: Students point to follow the dotted line to extend the sound or ‘bounce’ it
- Pointing Dots under alliterative sentences help kids track words with 1:1 correspondence
- Sky-writing capital and lowercase letters
- Sky-circling pictures that begin with the target sound
- Turn & Talk: The last slide asks students to turn to a partner and share ideas of more examples
Includes a free digital upgrade! A Google slides version that can be used on tablets or any device by students! Includes audio, animated gifs, moveable parts. . . so much fun!
In addition to the activities above, there are half and full-page alphabet sheets where kids can draw and write an example. Use these for
- exit tickets
- whole-group extension activity
- center activity
- make a class book
***Try my Body-Spelling Sight Word PowerPoints! Interactive PowerPoints that incorporate movement to teach sight words!***
Thanks for visiting and have an awesome year!
Brenda Tejeda- Tejeda’s Tots