Teach the alphabet using a sound-to-letters approach! Aligned with the science of reading, these alphabet pages are perfect for introducing letters by phoneme first, then grapheme.
⭐2 practice pages for each letter in the alphabet: lowercase, then uppercase
- 1. Say picture names, then isolate the first sound to identify the focus phoneme
- 2. Discuss articulation
- 3. Identify type of sound (vowel/ consonant, voiced/ unvoiced)
- 4. Find pictures that begin with the focus sound
- 5. Practice writing the letter
- 6. Find the letter
- 7. Review by tapping the letter and saying the sound and name
- *Plus 2nd page: kids practice the capital letter and review the lowercase.
⭐Bonus: digraph pages
⭐Review pages for 3 sounds at a time
⭐Sound cards in 2 sizes
⭐Teacher Guide & Answer Keys
Be the first to see my newest resources, sales, and freebies!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want my FREE weekly teaching tips and access to my FREE resource library?
Sign up here: FREE Resource Library
Want to join like-minded teachers to learn and share ideas?
Join my Facebook group here: Tejeda’s Tots K-1 Teacher Group
Want to Learn More?
Visit my blog here: Tejeda’s Tots
Follow me on Social Media