This same resource is also available at my TpT store via this link: Decodable Lessons Bundle via TpT
Planning for small group phonics and reading instruction or intervention? Looking for Science of Reading aligned decodable passages and lessons that teach phonics skills, while incorporating fluency, comprehension, and writing? These reading passages and decodable stories cards are just what you need for your early readers!
***THIS BUNDLE IS NOW COMPLETE. The last unit has been added (8/30) and the price will increase soon to reflect the addition.
This bundle currently includes:
Small-group planning pages,
Group and schedule templates,
Binder and task card box covers
EACH UNIT INCLUDES:
(Unit 1 is in a different format, since it’s introducing the alphabet)
⭐STEP 1: Phonics Teaching Tent Cards – Fold & Stand! Teacher script on one side and Student side to model with. Perfect to start your lesson.
⭐STEP 2: All-in-one lessons for NO-PREP, targeted instruction across just 2 pages you can copy back-to-back!
Each lesson has 8 activities, from sound to reading and writing:
- Highlight the focus phonics skill and read words
- Write words with the focus skill
- Fluency phrases for smooth reading
- Review previously-covered high-frequency sight words
- Map 1-2 new words
- Read decodable text with the phonics skill, practice fluency
- Demonstrate reading comprehension
- Write a dictated sentence (2 differentiated sentences suggestions)
*Each section has the directions written for you to read, making these easy-to-use for substitutes or adult helpers.
⭐STEP 3: Fluency Decodable Story Cards (all of the decodable sentences and stories from the lessons)
- After each lesson, add the story card to a word ring, baggie, or task card box for continued independent practice.
- Great for warming up for small-groups, centers, early finisher, or homework.
⭐STEP 4: Fluency Drills for extra practice or Progress-monitoring
Real and nonsense words for each skill
PLUS. . .
⭐Teacher Guide with Terminology, Examples, and Model Lessons
⭐Assessments- Get baseline data to target skills your students need. Progress-monitor with the fluency drills and assessments.
⭐High-Frequency Word-Mapping Kit
- Word-mapping guide
- Word list (color-coded for reference when mapping)
- Word cards (black and color-coded by sound, with hearts)
- Word-mapping mats (multiple versions)
WHICH SKILLS ARE COVERED?
⭐UNIT 1 : ALPHABET
29 two-page lessons
2 practice pages for each letter in the alphabet: lowercase, then uppercase
- Say picture names, then isolate the first sound to identify the focus phoneme
- Discuss articulation
- Identify type of sound (vowel/ consonant, voiced/ unvoiced)
- Find pictures that begin with the focus sound
- Practice writing the letter
- Find the letter
- Review by tapping the letter and saying the sound and name
*Plus 2nd page: kids practice the capital letter and review the lowercase.
- ⭐Bonus: digraph pages
- ⭐Review pages for 3 sounds at a time
- ⭐Sound cards in 2 sizes
⭐UNIT 2: CVC +
31 two-page lessons for the following phonics skills:
- Review of letter sounds
- CVC words: 3 lessons for each short vowel sound for mastery
- Glued sounds -am, -an, -all
- Suffix -s
- Open syllable E (he, we, me ,be)
- Open syllable O (go, no, so)
⭐UNIT 3: DIGRAPHS & DOUBLE-CONSONANTS
19 two-page lessons for the following phonics skills:
- Digraph SH (4 lessons)
- Digraph CH (4 lessons)
- Digraph TH (3 lessons)
- Digraph WH (1 lesson)
- Digraph CK (4 lessons)
- Double-consonants ff, ll, ss, zz (3 lessons)
⭐UNIT 4: CONSONANT BLENDS
21 two-page lessons for the following phonics skills:
- S BLENDS: SL, SM, SN, SP, ST, SC / SK
- R BLENDS: BR, CR, DR, FR, GR, TR
- L BLENDS: BL, FL, GL, PL
- BLENDS REVIEW
- FINAL BLENDS: S blends
- FINAL BLENDS: N blends
- L BLEND WORD FAMILY -old
- N BLEND WORD FAMILY -ind
⭐UNIT 5: VCE and SUFFIXES -ED and -ING
22 two-page lessons for the following phonics skills:
- 4 lessons for a-e
- 4 lessons for i-e
- 4 lessons for o-e
- 2 lessons for u-e
- -ace word family
- -ice word family
- 3 lessons for suffix -ed
- 3 lessons for suffix -ing
⭐UNIT 6: MULTISYLLABIC WORDS with Closed Syllables
13 two-page lessons for the following phonics skills:
- 1- Suffix review
- 1- How to Divide Multisyllabic Words: VCCV
- 6 lessons : multisyllabic words with CVC syllables
- 1 lesson: multisyllabic words with digraphs
- 4 lessons : multisyllabic words with blends and digraphs
⭐UNIT 7: R-Controlled Vowels AR, OR, ORE, ER, IR, UR
16 two-page lessons for the following phonics skills:
- 4 lessons for AR, including 1 with multisyllabic words
- 3 lessons for OR
- 2 lessons for ORE
- 1 lesson with AR and OR
- 1 lesson for ER 1-syllable words
- 1 lesson for ER multisyllabic words
- 1 lesson for ER as a comparative suffix
- 1 lesson for IR
- 1 lesson for UR
- 1 lesson for ER, IR, and UR
- AI, AY
- EE, EA
- IE, IGH
- Y (long i)
- Y, EY (long e)
- OO (book)
- OO (food)
- EW, UE, UI
- AU, AW
- OI, OY
- OU, OW
⭐Scope and Sequence aligned with SOR research
Have any questions? Email me at Brenda@BrendaTejeda.com!
Be the first to see my newest resources, sales, and freebies!
Want my FREE weekly teaching tips and access to my FREE resource library?
Sign up here: FREE Resource Library
Want to join like-minded teachers to learn and share ideas?
Join my Facebook group here: Tejeda’s Tots K-1 Teacher Group
Want to Learn More?
Visit my blog here: Tejeda’s Tots
Follow me on Social Media